Wednesday, August 9, 2017

New Interview of Dakota with Glamour


Dakota Johnson, the wildly relatable actress and face of Gucci Bloom, knows how to keep it real, especially when it comes to beauty. The gap-toothed, fringe-forward celeb shares her low-key routine, love for eyedrops and signature scent tactic in a quickfire Q&A. Take notes!

My no-frills skin care routine:
"I’m a sucker for pretty packaging, so I buy a bunch of products but end up not using any of them. I just like the way they look. I truly have the simplest routine: I wash my face in the morning and at night, then moisturize; during the day I add sunscreen. Right now I’m into Lancer products."

My minimal-makeup M.O.:
"I don’t really wear makeup if I don’t have to. When I am going out somewhere, I’ll use a little concealer, lip color, and mascara."

My bright-eye beauty hack:
"Hello, I’m Dakota, and I’m addicted to eye drops; the last time I used was 20 minutes ago. Really, I’m addicted to eye drops…. I just love the feeling of them in my eyes. It’s glorious".

My grandmother’s mascara trick:
"She [actress Tippi Hedren] was watching me put my mascara on once and told me that if you hold the mirror down low and put the mascara on while looking downward, you will get the most coverage from the base of the lashes to the tips. And of course, she’s right! She’s a fucking movie star; she’s a legend!"

My intentional perfume trail:
"I’ve always worn fragrance because I love to leave a scent behind. I love that perfume can take you back to someplace immediately. I prefer floral scents to ones that are musky. Right now I’m wearing Gucci Bloom; it’s very floral, so I love it. My mother [Melanie Griffith] has worn the same perfume my entire life, and that’s very comforting to me."

My body-confidence moment:
"For my role as Susie, a ballet dancer, in Suspiria [out later this year], I trained for about six months with the brilliant Belgian-French choreographer Damien Jalet. I actually danced until I was 16 with a company in L.A., so it was great to work that muscle again. I rehearsed six or eight hours a day leading up to the shoot, then continued with two hours of rehearsals while shooting. It was truly the most wild experience. I learned that if I work my ass off, I’m capable of doing all sorts of things with my body."

My beauty regrets:
"There are a few tattoos I wish weren’t on my body, but it happens, I guess, and admittedly, I continue to get them. I also was feeling a bit sassy this morning and cut my bangs in a whirlwind after six months of growing them out, so I hope I don’t regret that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment